16 June 2010

6/16/2010 12:41:23 AM

Don’t feel good. Cant sleep.

Strong box:


Okay so at a relief society meeting this week (I’m working on saying that, and not enrichment), my visiting teacher shared with our relief society something she has called a strong box. It’s a glorified shoebox, one of those photo boxes I think they call it, and she puts things in it that give her strength, mean a lot to her, bring back memories, etc. I want to call mine a happy box. So I thought, I’ll just put stuff in the box that will bring back old memories and ill just cry and it will be a depression box and then I’ll want to burn it, but I’ve decided to do it and so far this is what I’ve got in it, in no order:



A Logan Temple schedule, from the Young’s sealing…a result, from my mission

Max the mouse… from my mission

A picture of my friend Hannah and I, my best friend, a companion… from my mission

My first not limited use temple recommend… from right before my mission, I used it my whole mission and when my mom came to IF to the temple…when I was on my mission

The sparkle pillow they gave us when we were in the mtc, on my mission

An ancient 4 color pen… from my mission

A baptism program, from Will’s baptism…a result, from my mission

A sacrament meeting program from when Zach blessed his baby, a result, from my mission

A ticket from the Humor U show, when I saw Abi, my twin, I met on my mission

A ticket from the St. Louis Cardinals game, nothing to do with my mission, but if you know me, you know
I bleed Cardinal red!

a mini Utah license plate “Jesus Loves Me”

and The stuff they gave me in the box.


See a pattern?




…how powerful and influential the gospel and my mission is in my life, and what a part it plays, and how if these are the things that make me happy and give me strength…wow. Awesome. And it’s just the beginning! I owe it all to my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I really am so blessed. Even though I’m a punk sometimes. Okay, like most the time. But really, it’s a grateful box. All the things in this box remind me of really how blessed I am, the stuff in the box really just represents great experiences I have been blessed to have and be a part of. This box screams GRATITUDE to me, and as I’m grateful I really am happy and receive that strength I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment